Thursday, July 19, 2012

Squadron Leader Veer Pratap Singh.


I, Prisoner No. 786, look through the bars of my cell  I see days, months, years change to eons,  From the soil of this land I can smell my Bauji's fields,  The burning sun reminds me of my Maati's cool buttermilk , The rains come with the swings of many seasons , The winter fills me with the warmth of the Lodi fires , They say this isn't your country, then why does it feel like mine?  They say that I do not look like him, then why does he look like me?  I, Prisoner No. 786, look through the bars of my cell, I see an angel who has come down from heaven, She calls herself Saamiya, and she calls me Veer, She's a complete stranger, but she treats me as her family, Hearing her truthful words, I feel alive once again , Hearing her promises and vow, I want to do something more, They say she isn't related, then why does she fight the world for me? They say I'm not like her, then why does she look like me?. I, Prisoner No. 786, look through the bars of my cell, I see my Zaara wrapped in the colours of my village , In making my dreams come true, she has forgotten her own, In serving my people, she has left behind her own, Now I want to fill her heart with joy, I feel I could live another lifetime for her, They say my country is not hers, then why does she stay in my home?  They say I'm not like her, then why does she look like me?. I, Prisoner No. 786, look through the bars of my cell...

No comments:

Post a Comment