Saturday, July 21, 2012

Journey through the rural heart my home land.

 I
I,Mohan Bhargava worked as a project manager on a rainfall monitoring satellite at NASA, returned to India on a quest to find my childhood nanny Kaveriamma whom I had looked upon as my mother. I found her in a godforsaken village- Charanpur. I touched by the condition in which the people live in the village- the poverty, illiteracy, child labour, lack of electricity etc. I just engulfed with a feeling of guilt and is filled with an urge to do something to make things better.   I took up a mission of bringing electricity to the village. I interacted with the people and the Panchayat, gets to know some of them really well and brings about a movement bringing the villagers together. Eventually I succeeds in bringing power to the village.While going back to the states I couldnt release from the deep missing of home land and  intense thought to do something for my villagers . Finally I dicided to resign from NASA and back to my homeland with great mission to improve my villagers life.



No comments:

Post a Comment